Huawei Hub is the leading independent source of Huawei news, reviews and tutorials, reaching hundreds of thousands of like-minded fans month on month — with that figure growing by the day. But in order for our growth to be sustainable, we had to assemble the best digital team in town, and now we’re looking to add to it.
Let’s start with Contributors. We’re looking for two to come aboard and report on all things Huawei — be it news or features. This is a freelance role, with an expectation of a minimum of three articles per day. The ideal candidate should own a Huawei device and have extensive knowledge of the tech industry and Huawei’s history.
Here are the formal requirements:
- A strong command of the English language.
- Enough time to contribute a minimum of three articles per day.
- An undeniable passion for technology as a whole and a strong understanding of Huawei as a brand and where it sits on the global market across all sectors.
- A versatile wring style — you’ll need to be able to write unbiased news, then an opinionated feature, before switching back to news, as and when required.
Applications for the two Contributing Writer roles will close on April 22. Experience writing for an online publication is not required. We are accepting applications from all over the world — it doesn’t matter if you’re based in Asia, Europe, North America or South America. We’re a diverse team, and we want to maintain that.
If you meet the aforementioned requirements, send an email to email@example.com with Contributing Writer in the title and the following:
- A long-form feature on what you’d like to see on the forthcoming Huawei Mate 30 and Huawei Mate 30 Pro.
- A 250-word news story about the NSA-style backdoor Microsoft Defender found on Huawei’s laptops (more info here).
- Links to previous examples of work, if applicable.
- The name of the smartphone you’re currently using.
- Salary based on experience
- Expenses covered for event travel
- Flexible vacation policy
Now onto the more senior role.
Huawei Hub is looking for a self-aware Contributing Editor to ensure the website continues to grow as one of the leading sources of information for all things Huawei — taking it from hundreds of thousands of views per month to millions, and that’s no easy task. For that reason, a strong understanding of SEO is required.
The role will involve writing news stories, reviews and features, in compliance with our strict SEO guidelines, and managing our team of Contributing Writers, assigning news stories, research tasks and long-form features when seen fit. The Contributing Editor will also be responsible for Employee Performance Reviews.
If you think you’re the perfect fit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a 250-word letter to the editor outlining three changes you’d implement to take Huawei Hub to the next level. There’s no need to go into meticulous detail. We just want to make sure we’re all on the same page.